Micro-needling is a cosmetic procedure which involves the use of sterilised needles to prick or injure the skin. The small wounds trigger the heling process of the skin and it is during the healing process that your skin makes more collagen and elastin which help you look younger. You might also hear it called collagen induction therapy.
Using Micro-needling we may help with the following conditions:
- Acne and acne scarring
- Hair loss (also called alopecia)
- Dark spots or patches on your skin (hyperpigmentation)
- Large pores
- Reduced skin elasticity
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Treatment Overview – Micro-needling
This can be complemented by Mesotherapy, PRP, use of cosmeceutical products from the Zein Obagi skin health.
Some anaesthetic may be required depending on depth of needle penetration required.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications for one week after the procedure.
- Do not use ice on your face, and avoid using arnica/bromelain. These may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that’s critical for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks.
- Wear SPF post treatment.
- Collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities
- Rosacea and blood-clotting problems
- Active bacterial or fungal infection
- Scars less than six months
- Keloid or raised scarring
- History of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
- History of herpes simplex infections
- History of diabetes
- Presence of raised moles, warts or any raised lesions on targeted area.
The side effects experienced with micro-needling will usually subside within 48hrs.They include erythema, stinging, itching and tightness of skin.